Inquiry to publish
If you want to submit your manuscript for publication at Harrassowitz, please be aware of the following:
1. The topic of your manuscript has to fit into the our program.
2. Please use only e-mail when contacting the assistant to the director: Mrs. Andrea Johari: email@example.com
3. Please do not submit the whole manuscript at once. First, we only need the working title and table of contents of your book, as well as a short outline and/or the introduction and the abstract.
4. At the same time, please submit your private and office address, your telephone number(s) and e-mail address(es).
5. Your CV and publication list are also helpful for our decision.
6. When submitting a doctoral dissertation, we need a copy of the first and second review..
7. Dissertations with summa cum laude or magna cum laude are given preference. In the case of different grades, an external expert opinion will decide on the publication by our company.
8. Please inform us on desirable or required fixed dates of publication (submission of depositary copies, congresses, dates for Festschriften etc.).
9. Please inform us when four-color reproductions, maps, plates, supplements (CD or DVD, large-size plans) are required.
10. If we are interested in your book, we will ask you to send us the complete manuscript as a Word or PDF file, including illustrations.
11. We will either forward your book to the editor/s of a series fitting thematically, and/or we will commission an external review. Many of our series also require peer-reviewing. This will usually take four to six weeks.
12. Please be aware that we will not return unsolicited paper manuscripts.